SALTYFIG.COM TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Your Rights and Responsibilities
2. Description of Site/Minimum Age Requirement. SaltyFig.com is a website that allows users to collect, store, import, input and edit their recipes from all over the web in one location. SaltyFig.com also allows users to create original recipe eBooks that can be shared via email and other social networks. SaltyFig.com is not intended for users under the age of 13, and SaltyFig.com does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. Such users are expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to us, and from using portions of the Site for which registration is required.
3. Content Access. You may keep your recipes, images, photos, and uploads (“User Content”) in your eBook private, and by default you will be the only party that may edit them. Anything that you have selected to keep private will not be viewable by users other than yourself, nor will it be searchable through Internet search engines. You are not required to share the information in your account on the Site. However, if and when you choose to post or share User Content and choose to make it public, it may be accessed and/or shared by another user or users of SaltyFig.com (your “Shared Content”), then that Shared Content is no longer private. Your Shared Content will be made available on the Site and will be accessible through Internet search engines. If you as a user deactivate, or are terminated from Site use, or if you at some point change your User Content from Shared Content, SaltyFig.com and its users may still continue to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute User Content that was stored and/or shared through SaltyFig.com. SaltyFig.com may also retain User Content for an appropriate period of time for use, audits, or archival purposes.
4. Grant of Rights. Anything that is posted by the user is User Content, and you will retain all rights in the content posted, as well as retain all responsibility for the content, which you post to the Site. You grant SaltyFig.com and any other party who receives your Shared Content through SaltyFig.com, subject to your right of termination of your license, a non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable, sublicensable, worldwide license to use, store, display, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, perform and distribute User Content on SaltyFig.com solely for the purposes of operating, developing, providing and using SaltyFig.com services and products. You acknowledge that when you make your shared content available, you do so freely and with the understanding that it may be used by and resold to other users of SaltyFig.com and that you will not be paid for that or any other use of your Shared Content. You acknowledge that SaltyFig.com may actively promote and resell the Shared Content as part of the Site.
5. Warranty. You warrant that you have full permission from all applicable rights holders for any content you post to the Site. You are fully responsible for the use and distribution of any content you post to the Site, including any claim(s) that you did not have the requisite right(s) to use and distribute the applicable content.
7. Copyright Complaints. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible through SaltyFig.com in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify SaltyFig.com. The notice must be provided to SaltyFig.com’s copyright agent and include all of the information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512. As of the date of the posting of this Agreement, the information that you must provide includes: identification of the copyrighted work that allegedly has been infringed; identification of the material on SaltyFig.com that you believe infringes the copyright (with sufficient specificity to allow us to locate it on SaltyFig.com); a statement that you believe in good faith that the use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; a statement that the information you have provided is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of the copyright involved or are otherwise authorized to act for the owner; your physical or electronic signature; and your contact information. Any claims of copyright infringement concerning SaltyFig.com should be sent to . We will respond to each complaint quickly and diligently. Only copyright complaints should be sent to agent. No other communications will be accepted.
Our Rights and Responsibilities
1. Third Party Content. SaltyFig.com receives content from various content partners. SaltyFig.com does not provide any promises or guarantees concerning the quality of such content. Also, any information or material placed online by users, including advice and opinions, represents the views of those users and does not necessarily represent the views of SaltyFig.com. The Site may include advertisements and links to third party websites. SaltyFig.com does not endorse those third parties and is not responsible for the content, products or services provided by any third party.
2. Removal of Content. SaltyFig.com reserves the right but undertakes no duty to edit, move or delete any material posted by any users on the Site, in its sole discretion and without notice. SaltyFig.com may terminate your access the Site, for any reason, without notice to you.
3. Other Intellectual Property Matters. The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information, all of which is individually and collectively protected by copyrights laws and other intellectual property laws in the United States. Except as part of the intended use of SaltyFig.com, you must not copy, distribute, make available, publicly perform, display or create any work based on such content, or exploit such content in any way, in whole or in part. Except for content provided by users, all of the content contained in the Site is owned by SaltyFig.com. All rights are hereby reserved.
4. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Site is provided “as is.” SaltyFig.com and its affiliates hereby expressly disclaim all warranties, express and implied, including but not limited to any warranties of accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. SaltyFig.com and its affiliates do not represent or warrant that access to the Site will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted through the Site.
5. Limitation of Liability. SaltyFig.com and its affiliates shall not be labile to you or any third parties for any indirect, special or consequential damages allegedly sustained by you or any other party arising out of your use of (or inability to access) the Site, including for viruses alleged to have been obtained from the Site, your use of any of the information or materials made available on the Site, regardless of the type or claim or the nature of the cause of action, even if SaltyFig.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. Venue and Jurisdiction. This Agreement, for all purposes, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim arising out of or related to the use of the Site must be filed within one (1) year after the initial occurrence that gives rise to such claim or the claim will be barred. If any provision of this Agreement or portion thereof is declared invalid for any reason, the invalid provision or portion thereof will be deemed omitted and the remaining terms will be given full force and effect. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes and replaces all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
7. Additional Rules. SaltyFig.com reserves the right to post, from time to time, additional rules of usage that apply to specific parts of the Site. Such additional rules will be posted in the relevant parts of the Site. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to comply with these additional rules.