Roasted almonds are the best snack ever, but store bought ones tend to be salty and dry. Making them at home is remarkably quick and gratifying. These almonds are yummy for any occasion. I keep some in a dish on my kitchen counter year-round, and everyone loves them. The trick is to roast the almonds with olive oil in the oven so the skin crisps. Every oven heats a little differently, so roasting times vary. When you can smell the almonds and think they are done, simply cut one in half. If it is golden brown all the way through the center, you’re finished! One last thought for perfect roasted almonds….only use Kosher salt or sea salt, the large crystals of salt are delightful with the nutty flavor.
- 1 pound almonds, whole, skin on, raw
- 1½ Tablespoons olive oil, Spanish preferably
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt (or Kosher salt)
- Preheat oven to 350 bake or 325 convection
- Combine almonds and olive oil in a bowl, toss to coat.
- Place oiled almonds on a baking sheet, (silicone pan liners may be used here).
- Sprinkle the almonds with salt.
- Place in oven and cook until almonds are fragrant. Almonds are done when you cut one in half and the inside is golden brown. Cook for about 20 minutes